I am new to this list-serve idea, so I hope I have not violated the protocols.

For clarity, you need to think of charged particles and ions differently.
Colloidal silver should be, by definition, a charged particle, not a charged
ion.  The charges on the particle, however, are due to ions, and strictly
speaking, the charges are formed by the reaction of the particle surface with
the suspension medium (in this case, as in most cases, water).  Water has a
nearly unique ability among fluids to ionize into two species:  H3O+ and OH-.
In chemical terms H3O+ is the correct terminology rather than H+.  (Most
chemists will agree that H+ actually does not exist in water but is actually in
the form of H3O+.)

The charge on an ion is not random.  The charge is determined by the
willingness (or need) of an atom to either give up or accept an electron.
Because of its position on the periodic table, silver will happily give up an
electron to create a positively charged ion: Ag+.  The correct terminology for
two Ag+ ions is 2Ag+.  The "2" in front denotes two ions of Ag+.  It is
confusing to write Ag2+ because that implies that silver is a divalent cation
(cations are positively charged).  Ag is not likely, based on its position in
the periodic table, to form a divalent cation.  It will happily give up one
electron but not two and definitely not three.  Based on its position in the
Periodic Table, it might be forced, under special circumstances, to give up
three electrons, but my guess is (and I have not studied the chemistry of
silver) that this is quite unlikely.

Ag is located on the Periodic Table directly below copper (Cu), which we can
use as a learning example.  Cu will readily form either a monovalent cation
(Cu+) or a divalent cation (Cu++) but not a trivalent cation.  As a direct
example of the willingness of Cu to change it charge (referred to as the
valence or oxidation state), Cu added to ceramic glazes will impart color that
reflects the amount of oxygen in the kiln atmosphere.  Cu is well known among
ceramic artists in its ability to offer colors that range from blue to green to
red based on the oxidation state of copper.  Understanding the behavior of Cu
may help us understand Ag a little better.

Copper reds, that deep blood red color so coveted by ceramic artists, is
actually Cu reduced to the metal state -- that is, uncharged small (very small)
particles of metallic copper dispersed throughout the glaze.  The color comes
from the particles having a size that refracts light in the proper wavelength
to produce color, known as Mie scattering.  Copper reds produce color in the
same way that the sky is blue.  I suspect that the yellow tinge associated with
colloidal Ag is due to the same effect -- the particle size of the Ag particles
(colloids) is in the right size range to produce the yellow.  (I am currently
traveling, but when I get back I intend to look at some colloidal Ag in the
microscope and get an idea of size.  I will share the pictures if successful.)
There is also a similar example for Ag colloids in ceramic glazes.  The famous
ruby glass is an example of undissolved colloidal gold particles dispersed in a
glass matrix.

Silver oxide is not a likely compound to form.  If formed it is not
particularly stable.  I doubt that it will readily form in water, but if
formed, will likely not be at all soluble.  Ag metal in water has a very slight
solubility (which I will look up when I return from traveling).  Silver is one
of the few elements that can be found in its native form (that is, as a metal).
 Some others are gold, mercury, and sulfur.  Almost all other metals are found
naturally as an oxide, sulfide, carbonate, sulfate or some other compound.
Thus Ag is quite stable as the metal (if not, it could not occur that way in
nature).

I hope this is helpful.  If this is helpful, I will provide some information
about colloids when time permits.

Cheers.

Bill