Hello Mike,
Actually there is a way to look at part of the archives- try The internet archive way back machine - Internet Archive: Wayback Machine <http://www.archive.org/web/web.php> and just paste "http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/index.html " in the search window. This site is handy to find info on almost any web page that does not exist anymore.
Dennis.

M. G. Devour wrote:

Hello everybody, and welcome to our several newcomers! Just to answer a few questions and comment on some things... I've just discovered that there's been a glitch at Eskimo that's caused some of my outgoing mail to disappear. If you've requested individual help from me over the last 3 days or so and have not received a reply from me, please contact me again. I've learned of a temporary workaround that allows me to send mail again, and have notified support about the problem.

As far as I can tell it's not causing any problems for the rest of you.

Next topic: I am not optimistic that we'll get our archives back. Until I can create or arrange for a replacement I must ask you to do just what you've been doing these last few days: Answer the new people's questions with references to the handful of sites that we usually rely on for such advice, plus whatever comments you feel are appropriate to their specific questions. This will cause a lot of repetition, but please accept that as necessary for the time being. For the new folks, please ask questions in order to direct the discussion to the kind of information you are looking for. Otherwise the conversation will free-wheel according to whatever other people are asking about or interested in at the moment. Lastly, we need to continue to self-regulate the topics according to the list rules and guidelines ( see: http://www.silverlist.org ) so that the list remains useful and balanced: CS-related topics may be discussed at length, at least until interest in them is exhausted. Any reasonable health related question may be asked, regardless of its relationship to CS. CS-related answers may, of course, be discussed at length. Non-CS related answers should be discussed briefly, until basic curiosity is satisfied and alternative resources identified, so people may pursue additional research if they choose. Other off topic comments, as well as friendly chit-chat, humor, and what-have-you, should be maintained at a fairly low, restrained level... Enough to allow folks to be comfortable, but not so much as to distract and over-burden the group. Of course, the list rules also prohibit a few topics, including religion and politics, that are always profoundly difficult to discuss peaceably, and have no bearing on our missions, apart from the occasional heads-up on alternative health-related political issues. Again, it would be good to review the list rules, plus instructions for our Off Topic List, at the web site: http://www.silverlist.org As we've just seen with a couple of our new members, often folks who come here are dealing with major stress over health problems. They often do not have the time and energy to deal with the flood of unrelated information, however good it may be. So it remains the responsibility of every one of us, to deal with the legitimate off-topic items well but briefly, and to help the new people who join us to feel welcome and to begin climbing the learning curve.
Be well, my friends,

Mike Devour
silver-list owner