RE : Niacin & hot pepper,  I am under a DR's care at the VA.
Yes I split the dose to 3,000 mg twice a day in both  the Niacian & Pepper.  I
miss very few days, even when I travel.   I have a very good DR. at the VA and
and since I reduced my High Cholestrol and blood presure meds he sugested this
, I started with 250 mg twice a day each of both and in the last 8 yrs I have
went up to the 6,000 mg's for each total per day..

 You may have heard of Dr Wield from U. of AZ ?  He is quite famous, well he or
some of his staff come to our VA as a volunteer once a month, I have typed all
my herbs, CS and natural supplements a sheet of paper and let them tell me what
I was doing right or wrong.  I take something like 40 or 50 pills twice a day.
I drink home made cleansing teas..like liver, bowel, gallbladder,colon, kidney,
& whole body cleanse teas etc.  I have a hobby of a herbalist. I also read a
lot of books.

I have been sort of a guinea pig for them, they check my blood every several
months, and do real thouro exams.  Dr. wields assistant, and my Dr. who studied
under Dr. Wield At U of AZ. said keep doing it.  I am always asked to have my
Dr. anything new I take so they can evaluate it. My Dr. gets a kick out of me
because I have brought my blood pressure down to a nice 117 over 65 / pulse 80
range, and I feel real good except for the beginning stages of arthritis, in my
hands and back. It is hereditary in my family.  I am the oldest (65)  and the
only one doing naturals,  my 2 yr younger brother is crippled with arthritis
since he was 28 yr old, and my 10 yr younger brother is much worse than I am, I
sill play golf  3 to 4 days a week but sometimes its painful the next day.
Hope this gives you light of what I am doing.  If you continue the Niacin you
will not flush, I only feel a flush when I miss taking my reg dose , I flush on
the next one.
Tel Tofflemire
Dewey, AZ.