Excellent.

-----Original Message-----
From: Terry Chamberlin [mailto:tcj...@yahoo.ca]
Sent: Saturday, July 08, 2006 9:10 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>Silver safety

I feel the need to comment on some of the discussion currently happening.

One of the miracles of CS is that it is so safe, yet so effective. So when
folks mention the possibility of silver joining to other substances/minerals
and forming some kind of compound, it seems important to me to keep our
perspective, especially for the sake of the new folks who don't yet know
enough to have adequate perspective.

1. Silver in ANY form is lethal to most pathogens.
It's been clearly substantiated in laboratory testing that silver-chloride
kills pathogens. So does silver-nitrate, silver-citrate, etc. So the concern
about silver forming various compounds with substances in our water, filter
paper, etc., are unrelated to the effectiveness of CS.

2. Argyria. Yes, silver compounds of various types have been shown to have
the potential to cause argyria, the only known danger to silver abuse, but
only when ingested/inhaled in VERY LARGE quantities, quantities difficult or
even impossible for us to ingest (we don't inhale), given the type of CS we
produce (10-20 ppm). Even some of the conservative gov't estimates of the
amount of silver needed to possibly cause argyria require a daily ingestion
of GALLONS of 20 ppm CS. Yet I see people afraid to drink too much CS when
it's not even possible with our home-brewed, extremely dilute versions.

Keep in mind, folks, silver is just a mineral, and CS is mineral water. It's
not a drug or toxic chemical that you must be careful about. You never see
anyone afraid to drink too much Perrier water because of the minerals in it,
in fact, they drink it to GET the minerals in it. But Perrier or other
"Spring" water products have far higher levels of the minerals that are in
them than we have silver in what we brew.

Our concern over the interaction of silver with other minerals/substances
(forming compounds, etc.) is also true about every other mineral as well.
Are we concerned about the possibility of calcium or zinc or iron forming
compounds with other minerals or being affected by our stomach acid? They
all do the same thing silver does, you know. But we correctly assume our
body knows how to process the minerals we ingest and utilize them where/as
they are needed. The same is true of the mineral silver. I've found two
doctors in the US who insist that silver is an essential mineral that our
bodies NEED, just like iron or selenium, and that a deficiency of silver
contributes to poor health. CS should be treated like a supplement, not like
a medicine.

I have drunk 12+ oz/day of 15-20 ppm CS for six years now, and apart from a
hint of blue under the base of my fingernails (it was always darker there
anyway, and the 'blue' comes and goes), the only affect of generous
ingestion of CS is very rare sickness in my family. My daughters also ingest
generous quantities of CS every day because I put CS in everything it's
possible to put it in - soup, juice, milk, coffee, herbal tea, any recipe
that calls for liquid (but no yeast), even the ice cubes for our summer
drinks. How often does anyone in my family get sick? Maybe once per year, if
that much.

Being a purist about CS production is fine, as long as one doesn't come to
the conclusion that one needs to be a purist in order for CS to be safe or
effective. I am a purist myself, in that I only make crystal clear CS, but
that is because I sell it to HF stores, pharmacies and the general public,
and my trade-mark is crystal clear CS. Periodically I goof and brew a
10-gallon batch of yellow/gold CS. My family and I drink that stuff, and
save the clear stuff to sell.

I have used "Oxygen-purified" coffee filters for six years now, because if I
don't there are occasionally bits of black silver-oxide floating around in
the water. I personally don't mind the specks because I know they are
harmless, but the general public objects to black specks in their CS. Is it
possible for the silver to form compounds with substances in the coffee
filter paper? Yep. Is it possible to get argyria from those compounds? Yes,
but not before I had already killed myself from too much water. Are these
potential compounds less effective than pure silver? Not that I am aware of.
Silver does what silver does, whether accompanied by other minerals or not.
And when you consider that we are putting the silver into a stomach that is
already full of many, many other minerals (stomach acid, food minerals,
etc.), it seems a bit silly to me to be concerned too much about tiny bits
of this and that. The only substances I would be concerned about mixing
silver with would be those that I would be concerned about putting in my
body in the first place, i.e., toxins and poisons.

This stuff is safe, folks, you don't need to be careful with it. OK, don't
brew coffee-colored CS and drink a pint of that each day for years. Have
some basic, common sense. Make it clear or light yellow, drink it freely,
use distilled water instead of tap or spring water, use pure, Fine silver
instead of Sterling silver, don't use salt to 'spike' it. Don't store it in
soft, white milk-jug plastic - use glass or soda-pop plastic. Brew it as
long as you want but stop just before it turns yellow. (Although, some folks
like yellow.) Use whatever voltage you want, there is no perfect voltage.
The higher voltage you use, the faster your CS will brew, but the more
likely it will turn color.

There, the above paragraph sums up all you need to know to be safe. As long
as it's clear, drink as freely as you want without fear. Use it everywhere
and in everything (although, your cake and bread won't rise!), freely,
generously, and watch as yourself and your family stops catching colds, flu,
etc.

Terry Chamberlin, B.Sc., C.N.C., Bioanalyst Metabolic Solutions Institute
Lawrencetown, Nova Scotia B0S 1M0 Canada 902-584-3810 msi...@yahoo.com

http://mail.yahoo.com