From: "sol" <sol...@sweetwaterhsa.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 11:12 AM

That is fascinating. I will try to find some phosphorus supplement, meantime, what about simply adding more high phos foods to the diet? There don't seem to be a huge number of foods with high phosphorus and low calcium, but oats are one. I'm going to check the nutrient database for others.
And I'm going to take a look at my blood test results.

Now that we've got good ol', wonderful ol' electricity (not to mention Air Conditioning!!) back, and half the tree limbs cleaned up, I'll just second what Terry wrote about lecithin being an excellent source of phosphorus. It's also wonderful for the gall bladder and cholesterol levels. It works differently in the body than phosphoric acid, which tends to "erode" calcium deposits and is a decent energy booster. Lecithin is a "fat emulsifier", and actually helps clean out those clogged arteries the pharmas like to animate in their fear based commercials.

Sharon

starshar wrote:

I earned my Certificate in Nutrition for the most part by learning/studying the works of Melvin Page, DDS. (I think the Weston Price site may have info on Page, also the Price Pottenger site).

Page taught that the ideal blood levels of CA and P (phosphorus) are 10 and 4.5. It is the ratio, however, that is the most important factor, he said. CA should always be 2 and a half times the P.