Ode Coyote wrote:

>    That's because the current doesn't  flow at a steady rate.
>   Every time the polarity changes the current goes down, voltage goes up
> and it takes several seconds to build back up to the previous rate before
> the reversal.

No, since it is on a constant current source, the current is unchanged.  I see
about 17 volts on the plates before switching, and 18 to 18.5 after switching,
but the current stays at 80 mA the whole time (flow is 1 1/2 gallons per hour,
and the plate area is 96 square inches), since the source can put out up to 35
volts.

> Getting a averaged current flow to plug into the formula would probably
> take a computer to figure out.

No, it is measured by a meter, and since it never budges by even 1/100 of a mA,
the average is simply what I read on the meter.

Marshall