To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 6:19 PM
Subject: CS>Silver and a goat

Hi,

How old is this sick goat?  Too young to ruminate?

I have used colloidal silver on a baby goat before and it seemed to work.

Another question, if the rumen is dead, wouldn't probiotics help an older
goat?

Lots of unanswered questions and ones that would have to be addressed before you could possibly treat it. The vet would ask many questions. Temperature
would be my vet's first question, then what have I done to treat my goat,
what are the symptoms and many more questions.  An animal can't talk.

Seems to me a vet would be in order.

Jean

*************

"Like cow's milk, *goat's* milk is low in essential fatty acids, because
*goats* also have EFA-destroying bacteria in their *ruminant* stomachs.
*...                    "                  goats are ruminant animals,
that is they feed, then they bring the food back up, and chew it to
digest it. giving the goat eis would destroy the stomach's good
bacteria, and it would not digest its food.
> jim

marmar...@bellsouth.net wrote:

I am new to the silver list. We have a very sick goat. Is there any reason
why cs can not be used on a goat?
Mary Ellen