Carlos said,
> I remember how much emphasis has been placed on the
great importance of using only steam distilled water
of the best quality available in order to produce
adequate EIS for human consumption. Or is it that in
mink and other animals the biological laws work
differently? <

For human usage, we consider distilled water to make
completely safe CS. The minks on this ranch only live
7 months before their coats are taken from them. If
they can get argyria in seven months, I don't think it
matters. (Blue mink coats? There might be a market
there.)

Mike said,
> Given the geometry I was describing you couldn't
allow the silver pieces to completely erode away.
You'd have water leaking out the holes the wires come
through, not to mention the wire and/or brass washer
would also start eroding and contaminating the water
with copper, zinc, nickel, etc... So I figure the
coins (or bars) would be replaced when they got thin
enough they would start exposing stuff. They would
have to disassemble the cell and inspect the
electrodes a few times during the first month of
operation to get familiar with how they erode with
use. <

That is why I am using clear tubing, so the condition
of the silver rods can be observed. They wouldn't leak
if they are sealed on the outside of the tube with
silicone. There is no real water pressure to speak of
here, the water flows through, but it shuts off at a
point before the device is implemented into the water
hose.

Several folks have mentioned already existing devices
that are used to sanitize water. They inject silver
into the water in the parts-per-billion range. I
called the one company someone mentioned to me -
www.thomsontec.com - and they deliver 30% silver/70%
copper in the ppb range (resulting in 1 - 3 ppb),
US$2300, with the silver/copper bar lasting about six
months.

I'm not trying to sanitize the mink ranchers water,
I'm trying to brew 160 gallons of CS per day. Since it
will be mixed with dry feed (producing a mash), it
seems to me that it needs to be 15-20 ppm at least to
really protect the animals from the legion of diseases
they are fighting.

Terry Chamberlin

http://mail.yahoo.com