DEAR BROOKS,
I LOVE ALL OF YOUR POSTS, THIS ONE ABOUT MAGNESIUM IS ESPECIALLY INTERESTING.
I HAVE READ MOST EVERYTHING I CAN ON THE INTERNET ABOUT THIS AMAZING MINERAL.
QUESTION.  ARE THERE BETTER SITES OR IS THERE  DISCUSSION GROUP ON MAGNESIUM???

I STARTED GETTING INTERESTED IN MAGNESIUM AS MY MOTHER WHO IS 94, WAS HAVING
CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE WAS IN THE HOSPITAL 2 WEEKS IN A ROW ALMOST DYING BOTH
TIMES.  I STARTED TO RESEARCH IS FOR MY MOTHER-IN-LAW, UNCLES,AUNTS, AND
FATHER-IN-LAW ALL HAVE DIED OF THIS.  I NOW HAVE MY MOTHER SOAK HER HANDS IN
EPSOM SALTS 3X DAILY, IN HOT WATER, 20 MINUTES EACH TIME.  YOU SHOULD SEE THE
DIFFERANCE IN HER, NO MORE CONFUSION, DIZZINESS,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE,SHE HAS
REMARKABLE ENERGY ETC.  SHE LIVES ALONE AND IS DOING THIS ON HER ON.

I HAVE FRIENDS WITH EXTREMELY BAD BACKS,FUSION OF DISKS,I HAVE TOLD THEM HOW TO
SOAK IN THE SALT BATH, HOW TO MAINTAIN IT ON THE BACK WHILE SITTING.  YOU
SHOULD SEE THE DIFFERANCES IN THEM, NO MORE CANES.  I ALSO HAVE A FRIEND WITH
THIS SAME PROBLEM WHICH NO ONE COULD HELP HER,SHE IS A 75 YR. OLD RN, I TOLD
HER THE SAME PLUS FOOT INSOLES, I AM A BIG PROPONET OF THESE, IMMEDIATE
RECOVERY BUT SHE HAS A DOWAGER HUMP SO I TOLD HER TO DIP A CLOTH IN THE SALINE
WATER AND APPLY IT TO THE HUMP WITH SARAN WRAP WITH A HEATING PAD WITH ELASTIC
BANDAGE AND TO RUB AGAINST THE FLOOR.  I GAVE HER MANY EXERCISES FOR BOTH.  NO
MORE HUMP!!! NEEDLESS TO SAY I WAS SURPRISED.

ANOTHER QUESTION..IN ALL OF THE ABOVE CASES ESPECIALLY WITH CGF ALL WERE TAKING
CALICUM,JUST CALCIUM ALONE PER DOCTOR INSTRUCTION,  DOES CALCIUM, HARDEN THE
ARTERIES AND THE VALVES, AS I READ.  IN ALL CASES, THE DOCS TOLD MY MOTHER AND
MOM-IN-LAW, WHO DIED AT 94, THE VALVES WERE CALCIFIED.
CAN  THIS BE THE RESULT OF THE CALCIUM???

ANY INFORMATION ON MAGNESIUM IS GREATFULLY APPRECIATED, I BELIEVE IN THE
TRANSDERMAL WAY OF CALCIUM INTAKE, BUT I AM LOOKING A MAGNESIUM CHLORIDE BUT
THE SEAS ARE POLLUTED, SO I USE SALT FROM CAVES,THE BRAND, REAL SALT, I MAKE
INTO A SLURY AND PUT INTO MY HOT CHOCOLATE,UNSWEETENED,WITH MY GREENS I USE 1
TEA. IS THIS CONSIDERED 1000 MG. AND IS IT OK TO DO THIS?

ANOTHER INTERESTING OBSERVATION, I WAS IN AN ACCIDENT WHERE THE SIDE OF MY HEAD
CAME OFF.  THIS HAPPENED IN 94, AT THAT TIME I LOST ALL OF MY BUSINESSES AND
MYSELF.  I WAS ALWAYS A AGGRESSIVE WOMAN BUT I ENDED IN A CLOSET UNTIL A
NEUROPYCH DISCOVERED ME AND TOLD ME I HAD A BRAIN INJURY.  I COULD NOT
WALK,TALK, READ, LISTEN TO MUSIC, WATCH TV, NOISE WAS HORRIBLE I TRULY KNOW
THAT PEOPLE WITH STOKES, AND CANNOT COMMUNICATE WITH OTHERS FEEL LIKE.  SIMPLE
THINGS LIKE GOING INTO GROCERY STORES WAS A MASSIVE PROBLEM, BUT I OVERCAME.
THE DOCS ALL INSISTED I WAS"DEPRESSED" I STRESSED I WAS FRUSTRATED AND NOT
DEPRESSED, THEY INSISTED I TAKE DRUGS, I WOULD NOT SO I STARTED ON MY QUEST TO
HEAL MYSELF AND I DID.

I NOW FIND OUT, READING THE INFORMATION ON MAG, ALL OF THE PROBLEMS I HAD WERE
A LACK OF MAGNESIUM!!!!  IF THEY STARTED ME ON THIS AMAZING MINERAL I WOULD NOT
HAVE HAD TO GO THROUGH HELL AND BACK.

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING YOU HAVE DONE FOR THIS GROUP.

MAY GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU AND YOUR WIFE.

MARY
From: "Brooks Bradley" <brooks76...@lycos.com>

--- Begin Message --- Hello Marshall,
The amounts of Magnesium involved in this protocol are many times lower than required
to create consequential upsets within the physiology of any but the MOST SYSTEMICALLY CHALLENGED INDIVIDUALS.. Much disruptive and inaccurate information relating to the Calcium/Magnesium relationship has been bandied about by many persons who do not have correct information......and even less research in the matter. For example, with some notable exceptions, most of the general population ingests an EXCESS of calcium.......much of it from un-noticed sources in the general food supply. Magnesium is, in most cases, in short supply for insuring good health in the average adult. We do not contend that the proportional relationship between magnesium and calcium is of no consequence.....as there is a proven interaction which is important in human health. However, we do contend that the ACTUAL necesary
proportions of SUPPLEMENTAL ADDITIONS (MOST ESPECIALLY OF CALCIUM FRACTIONS)are considerably different from a majority of the popular media claims, and overblown in their specific importance relative to stated exactitudes of percentages. The problem of TOO MUCH CALCIUM is, we seem to find, much more prevalent than too little. The central problem revolves around calcium UTILIZATION......not gross intake. The long-lived bromide about calcium shortages had its inception, primarily, as a result of studies (many quite flawed) relating to osteoporosis conditions manifesting in post-menopausal women.
My short answer to your observation is, simply, that 1000 mg daily of supplemental magnesium....for adults consuming anything but a nutritionally-starved diet....will pose very, very, small corrective demands on the systemic functions.......at least this has been our experience-----others may have effected different results. We have found that magnesium is woefully unresearched and denied its recognition warranted for MANY undeclared benefits in human health. Adult males, especially, are as a group....chronically deficient in sufficient magnesium
levels required for best health.
Additional calcium (unless of a high magnitude [over 2000 mg] would probably not impose any reduction of the magnesium's benefits. However, for the previously-mentioned reasons....I do not feel such to be a required component to this protocol.
If one has personal reservations relative to ingesting 1000 mg of magnesium without an additional calcium supplement, then 500 mg of some form of EASILY assimilated calcium can be ingested......if only to satiate their personal health paradigm.
Be Well Marshall, Brooks.
p.s. As a personal anecdote I relate that I have ingested 1500 mg of magnesium chloride daily (without any form of buffering or companion substance) for the past 3 years.....without experiencing any form of compromise. However, I do take two tablespoons daily, of Thorvin kelp....which would tend to ameliorate mineral-induced excursions-----from a wide variety among the body's roster of minerals.
--------a -[ Received Mail Content ]----------