Well iodine is a 'necessary nutrient', but I CANNOT entirely avoid it, and do not have a goiter, so I MUST be getting sufficient. 20 years + of strict avoidance and I'm not dead yet (quite). So I get plenty of iodine, all my ultra-strict avoidance does not mean I'm iodine deficient, only means that I (mostly) manage to keep my total iodine intake down to where I don't have constant severe hives and eczema. I still do have frequent hives and eczema (I do everything I can to keep it to a minimum) and take antihistamines constantly plus sometimes have to use cortisone products, etc., etc. all because it is impossible to really avoid getting iodine. People who can eat high iodine foods, seafood, sea salt, high iodine veggies like broccoli and asparagus, and all the commercially prepared foods that contain iodized salt or seaweed thickeners and so on get a lot of iodine. Still some people may not get enough, but I personally suspect that is because of some inability to properly use what they take in.

My point is only that many people are allergic to and must avoid various
"necessary for life" nutrients. Take a look at phenylketonuria for just one other example.

A complicating factor is that when one is having a sensitivity or allergy reaction going on, one becomes more sensitive to everything, and make have additive allergic reactions to substances that one might not otherwise react to. Over my years of iodine allergic reactions, this has resulted in my developing other permanent allergies/sensitivities. Of course I could be wrong about the cause of this progression, but I'm not wrong about the fact I've developed more and more sensitivities and reactons over the years.

However----regular CS use for 4 ?) years now has resulted in a great reduction in inhalant allergies, pollens and the like. I can't explain that except that it could be due to reduction in candida overload, and possibly reduction of mold in sinuses (I don't know if I actually ever had mold infection in my sinuses, but I used to get 3 or 4 bad colds, flus, and sinus infections every year. Now.....I don't. Nor do I suffer "hay fever" with anything approaching the severity that used to be common to me. Yay!

sol

Dee wrote:
How does this work then Sol, because I thought that iodine was essential to life? Dee