Hello,

simh on OpenVMS again.

1) with the help of an Lan expert of VSI, I could use pcap on VMS on an Itanium i4... some time and it is again impossible. I will meet the VSI expert on OpenVMS bootcamp in Boston next week, anf I hope we will address this issue again. Any idea welcomed, of course. (It seems PCAP on VMS does'nt like larger frame with i4, because it is the only diference I can see between i2 and i4 Itanium servers, and it works on i2).

2) there is a very bad performance issue: same batch on a windows10 / i7 platform six times faster than on an i2 / OpenVMS platform. I don't think it's a normal issue of windows or x86 being better than OpenVMS / italium i2. Something goes wrong somewhere. I gave a huge working set to the host process, and it is not doing paging, I tried Decram to avoid physical I/O, asynchronous I/O is enabled for simh (and the simh configuration is the same on windows and on OpenVMS).

Any help will be welcomed: ideas, tools for tracking,...

Best regards,

Gérard Calliet

---
antivirus Avast.