Timothe Litt wrote:
> Adding an API in the CPU of the form assert_powerfail( vector) - where the
> default is the usual 24/26, but a ROM can specify an alternate (usually its
> base address + 24/26). This is common to all initiators.

This touches on something else I have been thinking about.

Would it be appropriate to have a SIGTERM (and/or similar signals)
trigger a power fail in the PDP-11 and other simulators with
corresponding mechanisms?  SIGINT goes into the SCP console, and of
course SIGKILL instantly switches off the simulated machine.

The use case I have in mind is scripted start and stop of SIMH.
Starting would capture the pid.  Stopping could first send a SIGTERM,
wait a few seconds, and then kill the process.