On 2018-09-17 20:42, Al Kossow wrote:

On 9/17/18 11:25 AM, Christopher Trumbour wrote:
it might be really cool to develop
something around them.

J-11's are easer to find. There are a bunch on eBay.

there is some activity with people building computers with them

http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthread.php?58493-The-World-s-Fastest-Real-PDP-11/page3&highlight=pdp11+hack

Hmm. "Worlds fastest real PDP-11"...? I guess none of them know of Quickware. :-P
A J-11 have no chance in hell being the fastest "real" PDP-11.
(http://quickware.com/, and http://web.archive.org/web/20030215103444/http://quickware.com/ for a snapshot when they had some graphs showing CPU speeds.)

I seem to remember that Mentec also did some FPGA implementation. But I could be remembering wrong.

  Johnny

email: b...@softjar.se             ||  Reading murder books