In the 1980's, F-11 chip datasheets (enough to build a simple system)
seemed plentiful enough because DEC was making some attempt to market the
chips. I did some googling but find nothing. Maybe that's just a reflection
at how few non-DEC buyers there were for these chips!

Let me dive into the Micronotes and see if they give useful terms like part
numbers or published document numbers that will lead to datasheet