On 2018-11-14 02:58, Paul Koning wrote:

On Nov 13, 2018, at 3:45 PM, Ethan Dicks <ethan.di...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 5:07 PM Bob Supnik <b...@supnik.org> wrote:
This issue, pointed out by Johnny Billquist, has been hanging fire for
years.

Fixing the FP11's use of MMR1 - implementation proposal

As has been noted, the FP11 does not update MMR1, ever....

This was very interesting and educational to read, but when does it
matter?  Diagnostics?  Are there any live programs that depend on this
behavior?

Interesting question.  FWIW, RSTS does not use MMR1.  It saves it in crash
dumps but never touches it anywhere else.

I haven't made a proper check in RSX, but at least I know that if you get a memory address error trap in RSX, the contents of the MMU registers are saved on the stack, and the user level program gets them, and then the user level program can do whatever it want with the information, so it is used in the sense that it is provided for applications to potentially make use of.

  Johnny

email: b...@softjar.se             ||  Reading murder books