On 2018-12-15 14:07, Wilm Boerhout wrote:
On 2018-10-24 15:58, Wilm Boerhout wrote:
I found a TK50 cartridge with label

-------------------------- AQ-GL5AC-DN MF1603 MVII DIAG CUST TK50 Copyright 1985 Digital Equipment Corp. --------------------------

and thought it might be useful to someone in the community.

It appears to have been stored adequately. I am now looking for a TK50/70 drive to read it. I am in the Netherlands.

I have one that says AR-GL5AJ-BN MF1539 MVII DIAG CUST TK50 here. Not sure if it is newer or older. It's a copy someone made at some point, so the label is handwritten, and have no date on it.

I am sure I have used it in the past, but I seem to maybe never have made a copy, and as I try to read it on my TK70 right now, I'm getting read errors... :-(

Actually, I just remembered that I might have broken that drive a year or two ago... I should try to locate another TK70 drive.

  Johnny

I have finally been able to investigate the tape I acquired, and am sorry to say that the tape broke after the first load. I opened up the cartridge, and apart from the break about a foot from the leader, a section in the middle looks "crumpled" with sections of tape sticking out. I will try and fix the part near to the leader, but don't get your hopes up...

Ok. All the more reason for me to get a working TK70 then. I'll see if I can arrange that during Xmas.

  Johnny

email: b...@softjar.se             ||  Reading murder books