But of course, such a format is not something a 9660 file system can have, so you'll instead have to tell VMS that the files on that CD should be interpreted as stream-lf, if they are in fact Unix text files.

Exactly how you get VMS to actually interpret the files on the CD that way though, I can't remember. Maybe there is some mount option? Otherwise copy the files over to a normal disk, and then change the file attributes to be stream-lf.

  Johnny

On 2018-12-17 16:15, Dave L wrote:
Likely the issue is that the *nix system presents the text file as stream-LF format which VMS won't understand as a standard text file which it would expect to be CR-LF terminated records. VMS convert utility would be able to fix that as already mentioned, tho you may need to tell it what record format you want on the output file, can't recall now (or use an FDL to define the output file format).

Alternatively you can just cut and paste from your host into the terminal session to get the initial licenses set up and go from there, either direct to the VMS prompt to action the commands or capture into a command file ("$ copy TT: license.com" might work, then ctrl/Z when finished).

HTH
Dave