Hi Mark,

Le 11/04/2019 à 17:21, Mark Pizzolato a écrit :
Hi Gérard,

Everything Dave said is true, AND part of the issue may be a need to configure
some details about the new NIC you've just installed.  Specifically, you say it
is a server NIC and may include specific awareness of (and need configuration
details for) VLANs.   Configuring this is likely also necessary to get an IP
address
on the interface.
The NICs were ip-configured for the window host.
Once useful LAN packets can be transmitted and received
by the host OS, that interface can be used by simh via WinPcap Or Npcap.
So I can try Npcap? I'll do that.
Once you know the host can use the interface.

Aside from this, on Windows, there is absolutely no need for simh simulators
to have dedicated network interfaces.  The host system's primary interface can
readily be used by simh to communicate both with other external systems AND
directly with the host system (via IP).
Yes but the windows host system has to be in a vlan, and the emulated VAXen on another. And I cannot share between 2 VAXen the same NIC because I use Decnet and Decnet pushes a Decnet specific Mac address on the NIC.
   You should start with this and only try
to use a separate NIC if you observe specific problems.

Good Luck,

- Mark