The below code used to change the ranges on the timeline to different
colors, now they all seem to be the same color since I upgraded to the new
version...

Also, I was using the "Detailed" layout, which had connecting lines before
to each event, those are now gone?

I believe the line to initiate this was: layout:         "detailed"

My version is at:  http://itinfrastructure.hms.harvard.edu/

new Timeline.SpanHighlightDecorator({
                        startDate:  new Date(2007, 0, 1),
                        endDate:    new Date(2008, 0, 1),