From: contemplative <wjwiel...@gmail.com>

Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 14:53:27
To: SIMILE Widgets<simile-widgets@googlegroups.com>
Subject: examples.js - filter/highlight

I have been very pleased with the functionality offered by the filter
routines.  Many thanks to the author (whoever that might be).

What I want to do is invert the action of the filter, such that it
hides that which I type in, leaving unmatched events visible.

I am afraid my coding skills lie primarily in perl, not javascript
however.  Thus, if there is someone who could point me in the right
direction, I am pretty sure I can modify my own copy of examples.js to
do what I would like it to do.

Following is the piece that I think does the work, but I don't know
how:
104    for (var i = 0; i < bandIndices.length; i++) {
105        var bandIndex = bandIndices[i];
106        timeline.getBand(bandIndex).getEventPainter
().setFilterMatcher(filterMatcher);
107        timeline.getBand(bandIndex).getEventPainter
().setHighlightMatcher(highlightMatcher);
108    }
109    timeline.paint();

Thanks in advance for any constructive input.

wes