Hi Marc,

I think if you use Exhibit and include the Timeline extension you'll
have all of the functionality that you need.  You will just need to
include facets (aka filters) with the Exhibit.  Every time a facet is
invoked, the Timeline will show only matching records and will re-
center appropriately.

HTH,
-Mark