You are correct. An early version of wibit read its data from a table in the wiki page. But as we evolved the tool we switched to a version that gets its data via semantic mediawiki "ask" queries. These are not remote; they go to the same wiki. See for example http://projects.csail.mit.edu/wibit/wiki/index.php?title=Beers