Hello fellow SIMILE developers,

I want to display a text label for individual tracks in the timeline
and would like the group's suggestions on how best to implement it.  I
am loading the events with specific trackNum values to force layout,
but I cannot find a simple way to overlay (or underlay) a text label
in the same vertical row as the track events.

The decorator mechanism is closest to my needs, but it generates a
table that is always 100% height of the band.  It would be ideal if I
could create a span decorator and assign a trackNum as a property,
rather than default to the whole band.

Alternatively, a label for the track as an overlay that "hovers" over
the band so that it stays fixed as the band underneath scrolls would
be very cool too.  Sort of like setting fixed cells in a spreadsheet.

Any ideas or suggestions on how to edit the js to accomplish this?

cheers
.k