The version of exhibit you're using, at http://api.simile-widgets.org/exhibit/current/exhibit-api.js , is quite a few bugfixes behind our development branch. Can you try substituting http://api.simile-widgets.org/exhibit/HEAD/ and seeing if that works better? Even if it doesn't, it contains some debug hooks that will make it easier for me to look for the problem.