In theory migration should be easy: just point to the new version of the exhibit library at http://api.simile-widgets.org/exhibit/ . I suggest using http://api.simile-widgets.org/exhibit/3.1.0rc/ since that has the latest performance improvements and bug fixes.

The syntax for exhibit tags has been changed: where we previously used, e.g., ex:viewClass (camelcase) in attributes, we are now using data-ex-view-class to be compatible with html5 standards. There's a backwards compatibility layer that should work with the ex: syntax , but if you have problems after switching that's the first thing I'd try to fix.

There are a few minor features not yet ported to e3---e.g. the slider facet. So keep your old version around in case you hit one of those.