David, I think that Jay was asking about the facet's label, that is
specified by the attribute data-ex-facet-label if it exists.

For example, The Mushroms example has a label setted as
data-ex-facet-label="Cap Shape" but it renders as  <span
class="exhibit-flowingFacet-header-title">capshape</span>

Saludos,

-- luismiguel  (@lmorillas)

http://www.simile-widgets.org/exhibit3/examples/other-versions/HEAD/shrooms/shrooms.html