Am I understanding correctly that you want to write some of the data
from named pipe to an external log? Since SEC is already reading from
the pipe, it's a bad idea to start another process that reads the same
pipe, since reading removes data from pipe.
If would recommend a separate rule that would match each SEC input
event and write to a separate file with write action. For example:

type=single
ptype=RegExp
pattern=.?
desc=write each input line to a separate file
action=write /var/log/sec-monitor.log $0

regards,
risto