hi folks,

today, I've released SEC-2.6.alpha1 which includes a number of new
features like the support for named match variables, variable maps,
several performance improvements and one bug fix, and finally the
EventGroup rule which allows for correlation of custom number of
_different_ events in a given time window. (In fact, the EventGroup
rule is a generalization of SingleWithThreshold.)
Also, I have made substantial changes to the man page and although the
overall structure is roughly the same, a lot of content is completely
rewritten. The old man page was simply too old and patched in too many
places. Hopefully things look much more clean now, and the
documentation reads better :)

The new version is an alpha release which means that: 1) I haven't had
time to implement all the stuff I planned originally, 2) although I've
tested the new version, I'd welcome testing help from others (largely
because this version adds *a lot* more than the previous major release
added to its predecessor).

I'll be probably unable to implement additional major changes during
the next 3 months, so I am still not sure whether the 2.6.0 version
will include other major features or only smaller modifications.

You can download the new version from:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/simple-evcorr/files/sec/2.6.alpha1/sec-
2.6.alpha1.tar.gz/download

The new man page is available at:
http://simple-evcorr.sourceforge.net/sec.pl.html

Finally, I wish you all the best for 2011!

kind regards,
risto