hi Stuart,

I just saw a post with almost the same question as the previous one
(perhaps it was posted before my answer reached your mailbox), and my
apologies if information in this email is redundant.

> Correction -- this also produces the same error
>
> But this does not:
> # ----- Radius Auth Failure -----
> #
> type=SingleWithSuppress
> ptype=regexp
> pattern=T(\d\d:\d\d:\d\d).*? (.*?) poll-radius.*?Radius auth request against
> (.*?) failed
> desc=$3 Radius auth request failed
> action=write /home/tocops/.tocpipe ops $1 Radius on $3 failed;
> action=shellcmd /opt/local/script/send-sms -m %s -s sec -r stuartk

In the above line, the 'action' keyword appears twice, and that's the
reason for the syntax error.
For fixing the problem, the 'action' keyword in front of the second
action (shellcmd) should be removed, and the line should be rewritten
as:

action=write /home/tocops/.tocpipe ops $1 Radius on $3 failed;
shellcmd /opt/local/script/send-sms -m %s -s sec -r stuartk

> window=60
>
> --sk

kind regards,
risto