Actually you missed the word "address-of-record". Its talking about that.

section 10.2 says "From: The From header field contains the address-of-record of
             the person responsible for the registration.  The value is
             the same as the To header field unless the request is a
             third-party registration."

You can look up the address-of-record definition in section 6. You will find that its
a SIP(S) URI.

Regards,
Hisham Khartabil