Hi;
That is exactly what I was talking about.
A 3PCC can have B2BUA and Proxies capabilities, so embedding this two SIP element gives
full control of the legs.
But, if only proxy functionality is needed, a B2BUA is overkilling, that is why I prefer to keep those two separately,
and do routing based on each call and routing rules.

Regards
Diego b

Jerry Ipe Thomas wrote:

Diego,

   In most real-world setups, a B2BUA implementation gives much more

flexibility that a plain vanilla proxy. Yes, strictly speaking, a
proxy *should not* change the host-port part of the SIP uri in the From/To

headers. The end objective is to offer maximum flexibility while
keeping the
intricacies of how that is achieved from the UAs hooked onto that
proxy. Using a B2BUA, allows one to do *whatever* one wants apart from just

   proxying.

Warm Regards,

Jerry Ipe Thomas
Engineer (R&D)