It depends upon what is carried in the 183 SDP.

Let us say 183 Is carrying a SDP which connects A to a Media Server and
Media Server is just playing an announcement, that your call is proceeding.
In that case you would not want to start billing that person after receiving
media in 183.

200 OK SDP generally carries the end user's SDP providing the confirmation
that the user has accepted the call and is initiating the conversation, so
that is the point of time when the billing should start. This is applicable
for the case of interworking too, but sometimes at the time of sending 183
the SDP indicates that user has accepted the call, so  I think if you
provide more detail regarding what SDP is being carried in 183 what is
actually happening at the remote end ( Say it is PRI/ISUP/H323/MGCP then
what is the level of signaling on the other side, whether at the point of
sending 183 User has picked up the phone or not ). one may provide more
appropriate suggestion.

Billing generally starts when speech path is cut through and speech path to
the end-user is cut through normally after 3-way handshake of INVITE 200OK
ACK Txn is completed. In between if say 183 carries SDP, then it will depend
upon what SDP it carries and whether speech path is being cut through to the
end user or to something else. If it is being cut through to the end user,
it makes sense to start billing immediately otherwise not.

Regards,

Indresh K Singh