Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 2:48 PM
Subject: RE: [Sip-implementors] RE: Loop detection in SIP

Looping and merged request are different concepts.
The scenario for merged request is as follows
When a UA sends a request and a downstream proxy forks the request and both
the requests come to the same destination then this will be a merged
request.
Simple way to detect loop is
if the request comes to the same proxy again with the same request URI and
the VIA list contains a branch parameter inserted by this proxy.

Pls correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Regards,
radhaKrishna. Manikonda