Looks like people are mixing things.

xlite is able to have to proxy on a certain port, but xlite is not able
to have the callee at a certain port.

Thus, having the proxy at port 5050 and and dialing sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:4000

will send an INVITE to the proxy at port 5050, but the request line is
   INVITE sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
instead of
   INVITE sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:4000

regards