From: Darshan Bildikar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 4:38 PM
To: Anshuman Rawat; 'OmPrakashTripathi 70630'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: sip-implementors@cs.columbia.edu
Subject: RE: [Sip-implementors] Determinine if a SIP device is alive.
SIP-Pinging

Check out the original SIP thread.

They are talking about using STUN for UDP (for keep alive and update of
NAT
bindings) which will be about a 10% processing time as compared to a SIP
request. (This will mean one port will handle two protocols)

It started out with the suggestion that double CRLF be used for TCP.

Not sure what the consensus is yet.