It seems I have to say this every few weeks...

*WHY* is the UAC requesting a session timer???

The real purpose of session timer is so that a record-routed proxy can
cause one of the UAs to send periodic messages - confirming for the
proxy that the session is still active. (A proxy isn't allowed to
originate messages itself to determine this.)

A UA has no need of this. At any time, if it gets to wondering if the
other end is still alive, it can send a message in the dialog. It
doesn't need to negotiate anything to do so.

So, while it is *legal* for a UAC to include the Session-Expires there
is no reason to do so. It can just include "Supported:timer" and then a
proxy that needs it will know it is available.

        Paul