2009/5/5 Iñaki Baz Castillo <i...@aliax.net>:
> 2009/5/5 Stephen Paterson <stephen.pater...@aculab.com>:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Just a quick one to confirm something.
>> Is it perfectly reasonable to have multiple concurrent transactions of
>> the same method on a single dialog? I.e. can you send a second INFO (for
>> example, could be any non-INVITE) before receipt of a response for a
>> transactions, not retransmissions.
>>
>> I'm fairly sure you can, I just can't find any text to support it.
>
> No, it's no tpossible and the UAS shoule reply "491 Request Pending":
>  http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3261#section-21.4.27

To extend it, imagine UAC sends an INFO (in-dialog request) with CSeq 101.
Before receiving a reply for that INFO, the UAC sends a new one INFO
(or any request) with CSeq 102. How can know the UAC that the previous
INFO arrived? If it didn't arrive, then the UAS would discard the new
request since CSeq is incorrect (UAS expects 101 instead of 102).

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<i...@aliax.net>