2009/8/6 Vivek Batra <vivek.ba...@matrixtelesol.com>:
> [Vivek] - With some ITSP's, 183 Session Progress is sent (with SDP) to play
> the music (something like, please wait while your call is on wait) when
> actual called party is busy. However, 180 Ringing is sent as soon as call
> has been placed to called party and called party is ringing.
> ITSP does not disconnect the media after sending 180 Ringing instead start
> playing Ring Back Tone (RBT) to caller. Hence, in either manner while caller
> disconnects the media or not on receipt of 180 Ringing (without SDP), RBT
> will be played to caller either locally (if caller honors 180 Ringing) or by
> remote server (if caller does not honors 180 Ringing).
> I believe in having a check in application to check whether any RTP stream
> is still there or not after receiving 180 Ringing (without SDP). If no RTP
> is coming, then only 180 Ringing should be honored to play RBT locally else
> RTP from ITSP should be played.

Other scenario:

Parallel forking to phone1 and phone2 (or gateways):
- phone1 replies 183 with early media.
- phone2 replies 180.
- UAC chooses and renders the early-media.
- phone1 rejects the call.
- UAC doesn't realize of it except if it checks that there is no more
RTP from that early dialog.
- If UAC checks it it could change to render internal ringing.

Note that, AFAIK, the 199 code would be useful in this case (it is
sent by the proxy when a branch has finished and would tell the UAC
that the branch of the 183 has terminated).
Unfortunatelly it's a new responde code (still a draft) which nobody implements.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<i...@aliax.net>