Hi,

RFC 6665 and RFC 3515 indicate that a NOTIFY must immediately be sent.
RFC 6665 also introduced Timer N which can impacts things if the NOTIFY is
delayed until transfer-to device answers.

RFC 6665 section 4.2.1.2:

"Upon successfully accepting or refreshing a subscription, notifiers
 MUST send a NOTIFY request immediately to communicate the current
 resource state to the subscriber."

RFC 3515 section 2.4.2:

"If a REFER request is accepted (that is, a 2xx class response is
 returned), the recipient MUST create a subscription and send
 notifications of the status of the refer as described in Section
 2.4.4."

RFC 6665 section 4.1.2.4:

"The subscriber can expect to receive a NOTIFY request from each node
 which has processed a successful subscription or subscription
 refresh.  To ensure that subscribers do not wait indefinitely for a
 subscription to be established, a subscriber starts a Timer N, set to
 64*T1, when it sends a SUBSCRIBE request.  If this Timer N expires
 prior to the receipt of a NOTIFY request, the subscriber considers
 the subscription failed, and cleans up any state associated with the
 subscription attempt."

This email is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you are not the intended recipient and have received this email in error,
please notify BroadSoft, Inc. immediately by replying to this message, and
destroy all copies of this message, along with any attachment, prior to
reading, distributing or copying it.