Hi Suryaveer,

I understand that the reponse is sent to the via header address and the via on |NOTIFY| msg is of the presence server then why the response is sent to dispatcher?
Your understanding is correct in terms what RFC3261 requires. However, SIPp does not follow these rules automatically - after all, it is a test tool, so you want to be able to test various "what if this is incorrect" scenarios.

Therefore, SIPp sends all messages of a given call to the same IP address and port until you use the |<setdest>| action to change that for that particular call. The initial values common for all calls are given at the command line.

So before sending the first |200| to the |NOTIFY|, you have to use |<setdest>| to change the peer's address and port. The manual recommends not to use |<setdest>| too often because it is a resource-expensive operation, so I would do something like

|<nop hide="true" condexec="setdest_done" condexec_inverse="true">||
||  <action>||
||    <setdest host="[$host]" port="[$port]" protocol="[$transport]"/>||
||    <assignstr assign_to="setdest_done" value="any_string" />||
||  </action>||

between receiving the |NOTIFY| (from which you may eventually extract the host and port using |<ereg>| necessary) and sending the |200| to it.

P.