OK, so I built a new system from ISO as follows:

install from ISO, did not run setup script. yum update, reboot

when installing from ISO I specified IP not DHCP and set nameserver.

before running setup script I found the nameserver had been saved but
the ip had been changed to DHCP (the static info had been saved). I
consider this something that needs to be fixed because otherwise
people will run the script and find the system on a different IP than
what they intended. IMO this is a showstopper.

Changed back to static (I did not have to re-enter the IP info),
restarted network and confirmed it ha the correct address. Ran setup
script. Could login without issue. When I tried to SSH in it said was
still configuring system (from the local console it said it was done)/
I had created a new user and tried to leave a voicemail but the system
did not answer (calling from another local system). I wanted to see if
DNS was still problematic...

^C/usr/bin/sipxagent-log-reader:17:in `gets': Interrupt
        from /usr/bin/sipxagent-log-reader:17:in `parse'
        from /usr/bin/sipxagent-log-reader:33:in `digest'
        from /usr/bin/sipxagent-log-reader:83:in `analyze'
        from /usr/bin/sipxagent-log-reader:113

Failure to run command /usr/bin/sipxagent  -d setup. See
/var/log/sipxpbx/sipxagent.log for details. After you
have addressed the issue, you may rerun this script. This was at least
5 minutes after I assigned roles and services.

last comment in sipxagent.log file is:

cf3>     .........................................................
cf3>     Promise's handle:
cf3>     Promise made by: "/etc/init.d/sipxconfig"
cf3>
cf3>     Comment:  generate ssl info /etc/init.d/sipxconfig
cf3>     .........................................................
cf3>
cf3>  -> Executing '/etc/init.d/sipxconfig setup'
...(timeout=-678,owner=-1,group=-1)
cf3>  -> (Setting umask to 77)

Sure enough, this is timing out due to DNS. Even though the call I am
making is via <user@ip> and the IP is a domain alias, the IVR is not
answering. NOW named shows running after I manually edit the serial
number to YYYYMMDDxx, save and start service (also now shows running
in sipxconfig.

[root@pbx sipxpbx]# service sipxivr status
java (pid  10970) is running...
[root@pbx sipxpbx]# service named start
Starting named:
Error in named configuration:

dns_rdata_fromtext: uc.myidepartment.net.zone:2: near '1342192855827':
out of range
zone uc.myidepartment.net/IN: loading from master file
uc.myidepartment.net.zone failed: out of range
zone uc.myidepartment.net/IN: not loaded due to errors.
_default/uc.myidepartment.net/IN: out of range

So this is a show stopping bug (IMO) Can we consider reverting back to
YYYYMMDDxx generated serial number, whatever is being used is "out of
range" due to whatever generator or quailifier generates the serial
number in the named.conf "running number" choice that is made by
default.

So I did that and resent server profiles, still not getting IVR to
answer calls. I have sipxbridge disabled and found
"2012-07-13T15:35:43.162947Z":55:NAT:ERR:pbx.uc.myidepartment.net::b69ffb70:SipXProxy:"StunClient::getPublicIpAddress
failed to obtain mapping from server stun.ezuce.com" in the proxy log.
Went to NAT and disabled enable and server behind. Now IVR works.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tony Graziano, Manager
Telephone: 434.984.8430
sip: tgrazi...@voice.myitdepartment.net
Fax: 434.465.6833
Linked-In Profile:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/tony-graziano/14/4a6/7a4
Ask about our Internet Fax services!

Using or developing for sipXecs from SIPFoundry? Ask me about sipX-CoLab 2013!

Telephone: 434.984.8426
sip: helpd...@voice.myitdepartment.net

Helpdesk Customers: http://myhelp.myitdepartment.net
Blog: http://blog.myitdepartment.net