Hi Allan:

Okay, figured it out -- I guess starting with 2.6.20, all HDs are treated as
'sdX', so if SystemImager thinks that your HD is 'hdX' then you will get the
kernel panic when the client boots.

The workaround for now, is to boot the imaged client into rescue mode,
modify /boot/grub/menu.lst (hdX -> sdX) and also /etc/fstab.  This will
allow the client to boot up.

This sounds like something that needs to be taken care of by SIS...  if the
golden image is running 2.6.20+ kernel, then we need to do the above
mentioned fixup.

Cheers,

Bernard