Thus spake Steve Grandinetti ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
Brian Elliott Finley wrote:

I've taken a look, and other than the cosmetic ugliness of seeing the
error, things should be working for you. netbootmond should still be
able to see the right line in the log file (/var/log/systemimager/rsyncd), and should do "the right thing".

It's not. The "tail -n 0 ..." command is reading the wrong line, since more lines are being output in the rsyncd log than expected, and as a result the "scripts/imaging_complete" compare isn't hitting.

Is this a problem only when netbootmond first starts up? Does changing the "-n 0" to "-n 20" fix things?

Can you send me a copy of your log file?

However, it is ugly, and I'll probably do something about that in the
code.

Do you have "NET_BOOT_DEFAULT = local" set in your
/etc/systemimager/systemimager.conf file on your server?

Yes. And I've restarted the service several times for good measure. ;-) If I drop a zero length "scripts/imaging_complete" file, then netbootmond does its thing.

-Steve

Thus spake Steve Grandinetti ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

Hi -

No, I've not received any responses. I've looked on the rsync.samba site, and see references to the same message, but w/ no listed resolution.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

    -Steve.

Brian Elliott Finley wrote:

Did you ever get an answer to this question?

-Brian

Thus spake Steve Grandinetti ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

When the autoinstall script executes the following line near the end of the image distribution process:

rsync $IMAGESERVER::scripts/imaging_complete > /dev/null 2>&1

I get the following *3* lines in my rsyncd.conf:

2004/04/27 16:01:29 [5810] rsync on scripts/imaging_complete from poker.lkg.hp.com (16.118.32.119)
2004/04/27 16:01:30 [5810] link_stat /imaging_complete : No such file or directory
2004/04/27 16:01:30 [5810] rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at main.c(372)

And the client spits out the following:

rsync <image_server_IP>::scripts/imaging_complete
client: nothing to do: perhaps you need to specify some filenames or the --recursive option?
rsync error: partial transfer (code 23) at main.c(594)

And, since netbootmond is only looking for the one line that has the "scripts/imaging_complete" string (the first of these three), netbootmond isn't doing it's thing to allow installed clients to boot locally upon next boot.

The rsync's of the image occurred w/out hitch prior to executing this command. The rsync deamon is indeed running, and /etc/systemimager/rsyncd.conf is standard/stock:

list = yes
timeout = 600
dont compress = *.gz *.tgz *.zip *.Z *.ZIP *.bz2 *.deb *.rpm *.dbf
uid = root
gid = root
use chroot = yes
log file = /var/log/systemimager/rsyncd
#
# For additional security, modify and uncomment this line.  See
# "man rsyncd.conf" for details.
#
#hosts allow = 127.0.0.0/24 MY_NET/NETMASK MY_CLIENT/32

[boot]
path = /usr/share/systemimager/boot

[overrides]
path = /var/lib/systemimager/overrides

[scripts]
path = /var/lib/systemimager/scripts

[base-image]
path=/var/lib/systemimager/images/base-image

Any thougts on why rsync is outputting these additional lines?

Thanks much.

Steve Grandinetti

From Windows to Linux, servers to mobile, InstallShield X is the one
installation-authoring solution that does it all. Learn more and