Thanks, Ramon.

If you happen to modify the flamethrowerd code, and produce a patch
before it's been fixed here (not top priority at the moment), please
send it in!

Cheers, -Brian

Thus spake Ramon Bastiaans ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
Looks like I found a little bug in flamethrowerd.

When flamethrowerd detects a change in flamethrower.conf, and tries to
restart itself and the udp-senders, it fails.

I'm not quite sure what is causing it, but it seems to have something to
do with de creation and deletion/unlinking of the .pid files in the
state directory.

Flamethrowerd seems to be unable to unlink the old .pid files - when
reloading after a config change - in the state dir, and (I think)
because of that, fails to (re)start.

Also, when using the init.d script 'systemimager-server-flamethrowerd'
to restart or stop the flamethrowers, it fails, because of missing or
incorrect pid numbers in the state directory.

To workaround it I added a couple of kill -9`pidof`'s to our init.d
script, but perhaps someone could figure out what's causing it.

Kind regards,

--
Ramon Bastiaans
SARA - Academic Computing Services Kruislaan 415 1098 SJ Amsterdam