On Mar 8, 2007, at 3:09 PM, Simon Ruiz wrote:

> Replies below
>
> ________________________________

Andrea,

  I have just installed etch and  excluded /rm '/etc/udev/rules.d/
z25_persistent-net.rules'  from the image and then everything is oke.
But on some hosts we have more interfaces and then the recreation of
this file gives the wrong interface order. I mean when you boot it is
eth0 but when the kernel runs it can be eth1 and systemconfigurator
creates a entry for eth0. So the host is not reachable any more over
the net, see the link below for explanation:
   http://www.debianhelp.co.uk/udev.htm

what i now want to do, and i do not have a script yet. Is in a post-
install script:

   - Create the entry in ''/etc/udev/rules.d/z25_persistent-net.rules'
     eg:
{{{
# PCI device 0x8086:0x1076 (e1000)
SUBSYSTEM=="net", DRIVERS=="?*", ATTRS{address}=="00:13:72:53:2c:2d",
NAME="boot-net"
}}}

   - Create an entry,depends on IP-method, in /etc/network/interfaces
{{{
auto boot-net
iface boot-net inet dhcp
}}}