On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 3:50 PM, Chris Pepper <pep...@reppep.com> wrote:

> Tristam,
>
>        Last month, I made the minimal changes to the SI master script (as
> suggested on this list) to make it work with SALI. I have considered using
> the new SALI masterscript, but not tried it yet. Your suggestions look a bit
> more radical, and I haven't looked in the SALI documentation to find out
> what those verbs mean yet.
>
>        If possible, I'd like to patch the SI script, since I believe it's
> *almost* okay (it worked on PE1950s last month). If that won't fly, I'll
> test the SALI replacement.
>
>        Is there any documentation for your suggested modifications? Did you
> pull them from a public source that I can read?

The (semi-complete) official documentation is on the SALI wiki (
https://subtrac.sara.nl/oss/sali/wiki/SaliUsage/Functions). Most of it I
pulled from the various SALI-related posts on the mailing list, however.

I realise you would prefer to continue using the old-style script, but the
reason I recommend the newer method is that SALI-style functions result in a
much cleaner script that is far easier to read and maintain.

--
Tristam MacDonald
http://swiftcoder.wordpress.com/