Which SALI version do you use? The line must be:
    PART0_STR="1024:ext2:/boot:boot 1:grub2 4096:swap::swap"

Note: 1:grub2
And pxe setting  GRUB2=yes

You must have the grub utilities installed.  If this does not work can you post
your install script

We use a postinstall script to install  grub 1 or 2:
#
# SVN INFO:
#   $Id: 02all.bootloader 4683 2010-06-23 12:15:04Z bas $
#   $URL:
https://subtrac.sara.nl/hpcv/svn/beowulf/trunk/systemimager/boot_scripts/post-install/02all.bootloader
 $

# Get the Systemimager variables
. /tmp/post-install/variables.txt

echo "setting up grub: running grub.."
#

if [ -e "/etc/default/grub" ]
then

echo "Using GRUB2 install method! :: $DISK0"

echo "grub-install --no-floppy $DISK0"
grub-install --no-floppy $DISK0

echo "grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg"
echo "This command can take while..."
grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

echo "GRUB2 install done"

else

echo "Using Legacy GRUB install method!"
grub --batch <<EOF
root (hd0,0)
setup (hd0)
EOF