Dear all,

The new systemimager (new boel binaries) is almost finished and seems to works
really fine on my test machines.
The new udevd works fine and correctly probe hardware, loads firmwares, the
kernel does not crash, and I was able to reach the dhclient step. I can deploy
an image if I fix the ip by typing "dhclient eth0" and start the deploy script
by hand.

The problem I have is that the dhclient fails to detect the eth0 interface if
not specified on the command line (eth0 exists and can be configured).
if I issue a dhclient eth0, it works.....
The problem is similar to this thread:

Unfortunately, this is an initrd and there is no NetworkManager at all.

So I assume that there is some way to free this interface from NetworkManager,
but HOW?

- Is it a kernel option I need to enable/disable?
- if yes, will it be obsolete soon?
- Is it a udev option I need to enable/diable?
- if yes, will it be obsolete soon?
- Should I install network manager instead?
- should I write a script that loop on all interfaces shown by ifconfig -a, and
if the BROADCAST flag is set, then issue a dhclient <iface_name> ?

Any advise is welcome. If no answer, I'll go for the 6th solution until I can
find a better one.

Best regards,

Olivier.

--