Hi Ozkan,

I’m replying on the user list so the answer may benefit other people. (and
there is no private stuff in your reply)

As stated before, I suggest to inspect the file: <image
dir>/<imagename>/etc/autoinstallscript.conf onb the server
This xml file describes the original disk partitioning.
From this file, the main install script has been generated.
This mail install script will try to create the partitions using fdisk or
parted. Those commands are not very respectfull of exact requested size (if you
request a 4 blocks partition, fdisk will create a 5 blocks partition for
example).
As your backup did store the size in floating MB rounded, it is possible that
you miss space by one or two blocks (if you’re using the same disk).

Please:
1/ inspect you install script (the partition creation section)
2/ Check where it fails (the partitioning command that fails)
3/ Try to put 100% or 0 instead of size for this command to tell to use all the
space left. If it misses one or two block it’s not impacting for the
restoration process.

Also make sure that the disk you’re trying to restore is at least the same size
or bigger than the disk you did backup.

Another solution could be to setup a centos-7 server, move the centos-5 backup
there and try to restore the centos-5 system using a centos-7 initrd imager
(with the si.post-action=reboot). The only problem is that I’m not sure about
boot loader setup (may work as grub1 is supported) and all virtual filesystem
(/dev, /proc, …). You may need to write some post-install scripts to update the
fstab with those.

Best regards,

Olivier.