Site of the Day for Tuesday, September 11, 2001

        Vmyths

Alarmed about viruses (or virii, if you prefer)?

The List found itself becoming slightly neurotic on the topic until it
teetered its way over to Vmyths.com to separate the facts from the frenzy.

"Vmyths.com does exactly one thing -- we fight computer security hysteria.
We offer a comprehensive A-Z list of popular virus hoaxes. We also tackle
persistent virus myths. And we dispel misconceptions about real viruses."

"Learn about computer virus myths, hoaxes, urban legends, hysteria, and the
implications if you believe in them . . . Vmyths.com does not exist to make
Internet security better. Its function is to simply ask questions and
discuss the context in which myths, legends, the equivalent of techno-ghost
stories, spring up and flourish." - from the website

This site lauds itself as being one of three places (the others being 'The
Wall Street Journal' and 'The Register) to get the unhyped, cold facts on
viruses. Their ultimate word - keep your anti-virus software updated
regularly. The List seconds that.

For a collected view on the current state of play on viruses, hobble over
to:

http://vmyths.com/

A.M. Holm
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>